It’s blueberry season, so the perfect time to share our favourite blueberry muffin recipe!
It’s hard to choose just one favourite way to enjoy blueberries. They are delicious while still warm from the sun right off the bush, on cereal, pancakes, pies, cake, salad. The list goes on.
These blueberry muffins have been a staple in our kitchen for many, many years and continue to delight all who take a taste.
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 sugar (plus more for the top)
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted (plus more for the tops)
2 cups blueberries
1. Grate rind off of a lemon and juice it. Add the rind and juice to a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1 cup.
2. Put the milk mixture in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 sugar. Mix on medium speed for a couple minutes, the mixture will start to look like fine balls. Beat in one egg.
3. Mix flour together with baking powder. Add to the milk mixture, stirring just until it’s mixed.
4. Fold in two cups of blueberries.
5. Spoon batter into muffin pan.
6. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
7. After they’re out of the oven, wait until you can safely touch the muffins. Dip the tops in melted butter, then sugar.
8. Eat and enjoy!